Child Safety Code of Contuct
Canoeing Victoria is asking that all new and renewing members sign a Child Safety Code of Conduct. This code outlines appropriate standards of behaviour of adults towards children, and aims to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
You will only need to sign the Child Safety Code of Conduct once, and it can be completed online.
Please note the following when completing the online form:
- Your Australian Canoeing membership number is contained in your renewal email.
- Whitehorse Canoe Club is asking members to read and agree to abide by the 'Canoeing Victoria / Paddle Victoria Child Safety Code of Conduct'. By ticking the box, you agree to abide by it.
- You do not need a Working With Children Check, and that space can be left blank. If you do hold one, you can enter your WWCC number and expiry date, if you wish.
- While we encourage you to do so, you do not need to complete the 'Play by the Rules' online course, so you can select 'No'.
- While we encourage you to do so, you do not need to read the full 'Child Safe Policy', so you can select 'No'.
- Members under the age of 18 should be made aware of the Child Safety Code of Conduct so they know what are acceptable standards when working with adults, however do not need to sign it.
NOTE: Working with Childrens Checks can also be added to your membership profile. Please add your working with childrens check by following these steps.